My friend, Darla over at Mom's World did a post to kick off the 30 day getting to know you challenge. (I changed a few of the topics, cheating I know) I think she is smart and this is such a brilliant idea (plus I really love talking about myself...hehe, just kidding)
Honestly though if you are reading this I assume it's because you actually want to get to know me. That is why I am taking on this 30 day challenge.
A recent picture of me and 15 interesting facts about myself . (Hmmm..... I can't promise they will be interesting but ok.)
|From our trip to Florida. January 18, 2013|
And, now 15 interesting -ish facts about myself...
1. All of my children's first names end with the letter N. Lauren, Hayden, Mason, Rylan, Blayn and their middle names are after someone who is important to us.
2. I like cake decorating. I've completed all the Wilton classes twice. I do it for fun just for my kids. I don't have enough confidence in myself to do it for other people.
3. Dr. Pepper is my all time favorite beverage. Pretty sure I couldn't survive without it.
4. I suffer from Misophonia. Which is literally the hatred of sound or certain sounds which cause anxiety and lead to avoidance. The ones that effect me the most are the sound of chewing, whistling and slurping.
5. I was raised with 3 sisters. I haven't spoken to the oldest in 3 years. Long story...wait no it isn't she is a bitch plain and simple.
6. I love reading. I haven't done as much lately as I'd like. There was a time when I spent about $50 a month on books. I figured I had an addiction and made myself stop. My all time favorite store is a book store.
7. I taught myself to knit. One day about 11 years ago I decided I wanted to learn so I bought a kit and learned. I still can't get the hang of crocheting, maybe one day I'll get it.
8. I don't have any pets and I don't want any...right now. Someday maybe I'll get a dog but right now I'm happy without the extra responsibility.
9. I've worked as a personal care aid for 12 years between a nursing home, a residential home for brain injured adults, and home health care.
10. Photography has been a hobby of mine since high school, where I took a photo-tech class and loved it. (You can see a very small amount of my photographs here or by clicking on the photography tab at the top of this page)
11. I look way younger than I really am. I get carded just about every time I buy alcohol. I'm not complaining either. I friggin' love it.
12. I had postpartum depression after having my oldest child and I've been battling with depression/anxiety ever since. It's not an everyday I can't function problem, it comes and goes.
13. I'm honest to a fault. I can not tell a lie, if I try to the guilt eats me up so I always confess.
14. I've seen every episode of Gilmore Girls at least twice maybe more.
15. I have no business even having a blog because I quite honestly don't think anyone cares what I have to say but I write for myself. I always loved creative writing so I figured I'd give this blog thing a go. I fell in love with it and I decided early on I didn't care if anyone reads it. I'm never going to be a famous blog writer and I'm ok with that I don't need the added pressure.
What's that? You wanna more about me. You just can't get enough of me. Well you are in luck because there are 11 more random facts about me here.